The decorators Camberley team would like to share with everyone some of their simple tips to painting the perfect room. Read below to learn the five easy steps to painting the perfect room:
- Clean walls- If the walls are not cleaned before you start painting you may not be able achieve a smooth finish, you can simple clean the walls with water, a little washing up liquid, and a cellulose sponge. Rinse walls with clean water to remove the soap residue.
- Tape the trim, window, and door frames- Be sure to use painter’s blue tape, which can be applied up to a week ahead. Remove tape immediately after painting, before the wall dries, so you don’t peel off any paint with it. The decorators Camberley team take this procedure very seriously.
- Prime the walls- It’s a common myth that walls that have been painted many times don’t need to be primed. In fact, primer helps maximize the sheen and coverage of paint and gives the finish coat a more uniform appearance.
- Brush where you can’t roll- Brush on paint around trim and in the corners of walls, where your roller can’t reach, with a two-inch angled brush. Extend out two to three inches from windows, doors, and moldings.
- Paint the trim- When the walls are completely dry, tape where the trim meets the wall. Paint the moldings and the door and window frames with a two-inch angled brush.
We hope this has given you a better understanding on how to paint the perfect room, you never know you could be a skilled painter like the decorators Camberley team!