If you’ve decided to take on a landscape gardening project, you might be wondering what you’ve got yourself in for. Once you start looking into all the stages of garden landscaping – the tools you will need, the time it will take – it can seem like a daunting process. But don’t worry, your friendly landscape gardeners are here to walk you through the process of planning a landscape gardening project from beginning to end.
What’s Included in Planning a Landscaping Project?
At its core, landscaping is all about changing the look and feel of your garden dramatically. It’s much more than moving a tree of switching the type of flowers in your flowerbed. It’s about altering the existing design, adding ornamental features or functional structures like decks, outbuildings and more to create a beautiful setting for the building. So if your garden is looking a bit tired, landscape gardeners can help breathe some new life into it.
Planning a landscape gardening project isn’t quite as simple as it seems though. For example, you, with the help of professional landscape gardening services, will need to:
- Define your budget. This helps landscape gardeners decide on the scope of the project, the materials they use and whether all the elements you want can actually be included.
- Outline your goals. Are you trying to fic an existing problem? Increase the value of your property? Or maybe just create a stunning outdoor space for your family?
- List exactly what your project includes. You will need to include your landscape gardeners in this stage, as they will likely add in stages you didn’t think of. For example, you might want to add a resin bound patio, which will need additional drainage to make sure it can last. Or you may want to install a deck, which will need the groundworks element included.
- Measure the area to be landscaped. Again, your landscape gardeners will probably help with this stage, as they know exactly what measurements and dimensions they need. If you only want to landscape part of your garden, make sure you let them know.
- Create a sketch. Sometimes it can be difficult to visualise how the finished project will look. This is why landscape gardening services (like ours) will create a sketch or even a 3D model of what your new garden will look like. This gives you a chance to make changes before a single bit of earth if moved, and means you are confident that the end result will be exactly what you want it to be.
- Map out a timeline. Timelines are important for any building work, especially if you want to do the project in phases. Your landscape gardeners will help you work out exactly how long each part of the project should take, and work around your restrictions (like only working weekends).
Why use a Landscape Gardener?
When it comes to landscaping and renovating your garden, there is a lot of work to do. Some of this, like planting new beds, might seem simple enough, but a lot of it will be beyond the average person’s skills. Not only that but things like excavating and moving earth, drilling foundations for new outdoor areas or working with complex materials like resin all take years of skill and experience. Landscape gardening services have all the skills, tools and experience needed to complete the job quickly and efficiently, and to a professional standard. When you put it like that, it seems like a no brainer to use professional landscape gardening services where you can!
What Your Landscape Gardener Will do
The hard work! Your landscape gardeners will help you plan out, design and create your landscaping project from start to finish. From measuring your garden and sketching out the design, to digging, planting and building. They will also manage sourcing any materials needed, do the manual labour and clean up after themselves. All they ask in return is a cup of tea now and then.
So What Will you do?
You will be the visionary behind the project. Good landscape gardeners will take the time to listen to you, what you want from your garden and what you want to use it for. They can then look at the space you have available and create a design that brings the two together. You can give direction on everything, from where you want certain elements to what colour flowers or type of grass you want. After all – you’re the one who’s living with the space! Landscape gardeners are there to help bring your vision to life, so all you need to do is make sure you share that vision with them at every stage.
At DPM, our aim is to make sure you’re 100% satisfied with your landscape gardening services every time. Our team of experts are on hand to guide you through every stage of the landscaping process, so all you need to do is sit back, relax and watch the transformation of your garden. To find out more, just get in touch with us today.